Thank you to the 19 people who have donated to our Mother’s Day Flower Project so far. Your generosity is stunning, and will make a big statement to the 50 elderly residents of Holy Family Home, run by the Little Sisters of the Poor in Philadelphia. We’ve received Paypal donations from family members, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances we’ve only met a few times. It was my sister Amy and her husband John who brought us over the $500 mark! Right now, at $563, we have enough to make some simple wrist corsages. If we get more, we can give these elderly residents something really over-the-top!
Our Donations Hero List, last names omitted for privacy: Motria L., Aaron B., Elizabeth C., Shannon O., Jen S., Amy K., Walter B., Emily M., Carolyn D., Josh L., Lise N., Mandy G., Mary F., Emily M., Vincent T., Jason H., Michael B., Joseph K., Amy K. (2nd time!), and Rebecca M.
We are still accepting donations! Please visit the Paypal site by clicking this link: DONATE. You will receive a Paypal receipt that can be used as a tax deductible donation to charity. Even just a few dollars will go continue a long way.
I’ll leave you with some quotes on mothers, who all deserve flowers on Mother’s Day:
- A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. –Tenneva Jordan
- All mothers are working mothers. –Author Unknown
- Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. –Ambrose Bierce
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. –Oprah Winfrey
- Our mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we’ve ever met. –Marguerite Duras
- There’s no bitch on earth like a mother frightened for her kids. –Stephen King
- Most mothers are instinctive philosophers. –Harriet Beecher Stowe
- All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. — Abraham Lincoln